Improve and expand translation resources for everyone from travelers to teachers to indigenous communities!
At Appen, we are working with our customers to decrease bias, and strive for inclusive Artificial Intelligence (AI) that works for everyone. We do this by capturing data from large groups of people of different genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, and other factors that make us unique. In this way, we can make sure that Artificial Intelligence performs equally well for all people.
On this project, you will be helping transfer a series of text annotations from an English source text to a translated version in your language. For example:
1) English: go up
2) English annotated: go|„Other“ up|„Direction“
You will be provided with a translated version of the English utterances (1) like above, and will then need to apply the same annotation categories that occur in the English annotated utterance (2) to the corresponding translated words in your language. Most of the annotations are for the slot „Other“, so you will just need to make sure that all the keywords in the English that have categories other than this are appropriately annotated, and then the remaining words are „Other“.
- Good comprehension skills in English language
- Fluent German speakers currently residing in Germany
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Become a Contributor to Appen’s Linguistic project! Join our team!
What to expect when you register:
- Create an Appen Account
- Choose German (Germany) as your primary language
- Complete your profile and project registration
- Study the provided guidelines [at your own pace]
- Agree to confidentiality and ways of working rules
- Pass the quiz
Thank you and we hope to work with you soon!
„Appen has a diverse, inclusive culture that is vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds.“